Sunday, May 31, 2009

PhotoVoice

Since my dry cabinet is as tightly packed as a Tokyo commuter train on a Monday morning I’ve refrained from buying any new gear lately. I mean, how many lenses does a guy really need? I’ve already got everything covered from 10 to 200mm, some of it pretty nice Canon ‘L’ glass too. But I have my favourites and there's some duplication and I know I’ll never use some of them again. A few haven’t seen the light of day in almost a decade and have little resale value but somehow I can’t bear to bin them. So what to do? Enter PhotoVoice. PhotoVoice is a charity that enables those who have traditionally been the subject of documentary photography to take control over how they are perceived by learning to photograph for themselves. And what does such a charity need? Donations of cameras and lenses of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment